Thursday, November 24, 2005

Run From For the Hungry

I did a local 5k "Run for the Hungry" Turkey Trot this morning in La Canada. I was surprised how many runners they had (1200?) but it still had a very small, local feel to it. I gotta say it was nice going to an event for once which was only a 10 minute drive and where I could park 1 block from the starting line.

I did one bad thing however. The registration fee went towards feeding the homeless. I didn't realize La Canada-Flintridge had a problem (sarcasm). But in addition, runners were supposed to bring canned goods to the race. Well, I was gonna go out and get some cans of beef stew or whatever last night. But I had to do a 5 mile run in the late afternoon and frankly I was just too tired to go back out to the store afterwards. So some starving family won't be able to eat because I wanted to take a nap on the couch. Eh, I'll get over it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
»

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home