Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Olympic Dreams

Last night I dreamt I was in the Olympics. Like all the other athletes, I parked my car on the street outside the Glendale Gymnasium. When I went to get my bike out of the trunk, I noticed I had a flat tire but no spare tube. I debated whether or not I should drive to the store to get a new tube, because I knew that I wasn't going to win my event anyway and it just seemed like a hassle. Ultimately, I decided I would go to the store because I thought it would be cool to log into the official Olympic website and see my name in 34th place. (I don't know where the number 34 came from, but that's what I was thinking.) If I didn't enter at all, I wouldn't be on the site.

The sad thing about all this is that your dreams are supposed to be the place where you can achieve your greatest accomplishments. But in my fantasy world, I'm still only striving for 34th place.

1 Comments:

Blogger Recovering Alumni said...

Man, what is up with everybody having anxiety race dreams lately? Its supposed to be the off-season!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home