Monday, February 20, 2006

Close call

I did my run at the Rose Bowl today. It was pretty cold - in the low 50s - when I started. Normally when it's that cold I break out the jogging pants. The tight, form-fitting, clingy pants. It ain't pretty, but they are warm and very comforatble to run in, and if strangers have to see me, so be it. But since it was President's Day for some reason I wanted to wear my red-white-and-blue shorts so I froze a bit and wore them instead. Thank goodness. During the run I ran into a bunch of friends (like 8 of them) who were out for a stroll around the Rose Bowl. I already felt self-conscious enough in my red-white-and-blue, stars-and-stripes "Captain America" style bike shirt I was wearing; they didn't need to see me in stretchy pants too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Nice and warm....

Ha i just realize your Disny Tri Team icon has mickey Mouse ears on them :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

One of these tris I'm going to do wearing Mouse Ears. Not sure how to attach them to the swim cap though...

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home