Saturday, February 04, 2006

Eating my eating-my-words

Remember a month ago when I realized that having to go to an expo the day before a race to pick up your registration packet helped build excitement for the race? Well that novelty wears out quick. I had to drive 120 miles today round-trip to pick up my packet for the Pacific Shore Half Marathon. No, it didn't get me psyched.

I am thrilled with my half-marathon time from the Orange County run, so I don't feel a strong need to beat it. If I'm smart, I will take it somewhat easy and just worry about not hurting myself. At this point, tomorrow should be just a training run for the full marathon 6 weeks away. Of course, when I get caught up in the actual event and see lots of little old ladies passing me, I'm going to want to speed up a bit. We'll see how that goes. Will have to try to get some good photos as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Let those little old ladies pass you. When you are well train and perpare, you can pass them at the marathon :)

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home