Sunday, March 12, 2006

Be gone from me, wicked temptress!



I read many of your triathlon blogs, and I have to tell you: I laugh at you. Or at least with you. Some of the diet talk is pretty funny to me. I'll read stories of people who will "treat themselves" to a frozen yogurt if they complete their morning workout, or will run extra miles because they were at the inlaws last night and felt obligated to have a slice of apple pie after dinner. I say HA! Don't get me wrong, I have tremendous respect for your willpower, but we are in completely different worlds.

Many people at work have little candy dishes on their desks. As a general courtesy, I usually won't go into their offices to take some candy because I don't want to disturb them. Instead, I'll wait until they leave and then sneak in. Stolen candy tastes better anyway. But recently, my boss, the moron who got me running in the first place, began dish-sitting for another co-worker. It's complicated, but basically her candy jar is on his desk. Here's the problem: I have no qualms about walking into HIS office while he's working, chatting on the phone, or taking a nap to swipe some candy. And I don't take just one piece. I typically will take a Hershey's Kiss, a Peanut Butter Cup, and a Hershey's Miniature. And I will do this throughout the day. This is in addition to the chocolate-covered pretzels in office 1834. And the Kit Kats in 1823b. And the chocolate eggs in 1837f. I can easily eat 20-30 pieces of candy in a day just walking around.

Because my mind is weak, I've asked my boss to put away the jar until after the marathon. Not that I need to be losing more weight, but it's easier to run when you're not bloated on chocolate.

Next week however, all bets are off!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Bizarre: I ate a hershey's kiss as I clicked on your blog, unwrapped a peanut butter cup when I got to the 2nd paragraph, and as I read "I typically will take a Hershey's Kiss, a Peanut Butter Cup, and a Hershey's Miniature" I had just reached for a hershey's miniature. I had to do a double take.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Nancy Toby said...

We are kindred souls.

There is no such thing as ONE piece of candy.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I am in the worst profession for temptation. It's not the desktop jar that gets me; it's the fact that every teacher's meeting or function has trays of Kryspy-Kreme's there as our "reward". It's a wonder teachers don't all weigh a million pounds. Maybe it's a conspiracy to keep us too fat to look for other jobs.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

You guys are all my kind of athletes!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home