Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Taper

I am officially supposed to be in the "tapering" phase of marathon training. That means the runs start getting shorter and shorter before the big day. But in actuality, it hasn't been much of a taper but rather a complete drop-off. I did my last run about 9 days ago. My foot was killing me the following week and it hurt just to walk on it so I didn't run during the week. this past weekend I was on a ski trip so I didn't run (my foot was still hurting, and actually I think the skiing help stretch it out a bit.) I was going to run Monday after work, but it was raining pretty hard in L.A. I was going to run today after work, but I had to stay late.

I'll try again tomorrow. The marathon is in less than 2 weeks and I still haven't properly broken in my shoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger S. Baboo said...

I’ve had tapers like that. I ran an Ultra after two weeks without training because of a cold. You’ll be better off in the marathon if you just let your foot get better and rely on the base you laid down earlier in the year.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home