Monday, March 13, 2006

Where Some Have Gone Before

To do a marathon, I think it's important to have someone who inspires you. It could be a family member, a friend, a co-worker... maybe an athlete you've seen on TV or in magazines. I know a few people who have done marathons, and I've found my inspiration:

Mister P.'s Inspiration (2 MB Quicktime movie)

You may not know this, but in April 2323 on the planet Danula II, Jean-Luc Picard became the first freshman cadet to win the Starfleet Academy Marathon. Of course, that won't happen for another 300 years. So maybe in the distant future, Jean-Luc will be doing research on early 21st century life, find an archive of NeopreneWedgie.com, and I'll be the one inspiring him to run the marathon which inspires me! Temporal Mechanics is so confusing.

Seriously, Trek fans need to put together a Starfleet Marathon in San Francisco (the future home of the Academy). I would so TOTALLY be there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Woah, i didn't raelize one of Star Trek's greatest captain is also an endurance athlete.. :)

Your past post about dog tired....hilarious ;)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home