Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wildflower

This weekend is the big Wildflower Triathlon. I have never been, nor am I planning to go, but I know it's big news in the triathlon world. I'm sure I'm not the first person to make the comparison that Wildflower sounds like Woodstock Triathlon.

Wildflower is famous for two things:
1. The festival atmosphere
2. The difficulty of the course

I think these things are directly related. If you make me sleep out in a tent the night before a 5k, I'm going to think it's a very tough race. I think that next year, I'll just get a good night's rest at the Wildflower Hilton and then I'll be able to win the event because everyone else will be hunched over with sore backs. Unfortunately, I think the closest hotel with running water is 45 minutes away.

I wish I was the kind of guy who could enjoy Wildflower. But I'm not. I'm always nervous before a race, and I need to at least try to sleep well. And I don't want to wake up and shower with 5,000 of my closest friends. You hippies, go and have a great time at Wildflower. Good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Why is there a need to shower in the morning? I thought that's why triathlon starts off with a swim :0

12:04 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

I don't drink coffee. Ever. The morning shower wakes me up. And showering is part of a morning ritual which I need to establish some sort of normalcy on a chaotic race day.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem...it's more like 10,000 of your closest friends. I just got back -- I had a great time, but then I had a wonderful boyfriend who schlepped all my gear. I'm also a pretty decent camper -- an air mattress, a camping spot away from all the party people, and a french press make all the difference in the world.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home