Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Declaring Intentions

Everything you see here is Brad's fault.

Brad is the moron who threatened to fire me if I didn't join him in the 2004 Nike Run Hit Wonder 5k. (my blog, my story.) Later that year, we signed up for the Santa Clarita Half-Marathon. I injured my Achilles Tendon and had to drop out; Brad did the race. A year later, Brad signed up for the Long Beach Marathon and had to drop out because of an injury; I went on and did the L.A. Marathon. Brad has a marathon demon, I have a Santa Clarita demon, and a month or two ago the topic of the Santa Clarita Marathon came up. We sort of fell into this cold war stalemate: "I'll do it if you do it." "Well I'll do it if you do it." But neither one of us was willing to blink.

So I am now declaring my intention that next weekend I will begin the Marathon Training Program to do Santa Clarita on November 5, 2006. That does not mean I'm registering quite yet; I have two big triathlons I have to get through so I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if I can factor in the tri-training. Brad's only obligation is that if I do run it, he WILL be there. He may run it if he likes, or he can be there at the finish line to carry me home. That choice is entirely up to him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Iron Pol said...

Actually signing up (read "spending the money") is hugely motivational. I signed up for my first Olympic tri (August 13th) and my next marathon (September 24th) on the same day.

Over $100 in entrance fees. That's motivation to train.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Mr. P is back!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon... you know you wanna turn that marathon into a brick and train for full IM ;-) We can still register for Arizona 2007.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home