Saturday, June 17, 2006

That didn't take long

I had my first crash with my clipless pedals. It's the same old story: I was coming up to the end of the bike path, slowed down and clipped out of my right pedal, then tried to do a very slow left-hand turn-around. About halfway through the turn I realized "if I'm turning left, I should really have my LEFT foot out of the pedal." Then everything went into slow motion. I thought to myself "well here I go, this is going to be my first crash" and then I just plopped over. Fortunately, I had about a half-dozen people right there to watch me in all my clutzy glory.

3 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Yikes. And I'll be they looked at you in astonishment, saying, GOD are you all RIGHT? You went down HARD!! And all manner of things to remind you of what you just did. I hope nothing was injured but your pride!!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Habeela said...

Only half a dozen? The last time I fell over while standing still I almost got run over by at least 12 bikers and a bunch of runners.

It's inevitable - you'll fall. Just keep hoping they'll be falls like this where you're barely moving. It hurts less.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

Well, at least you got it out of the way. Now, you won't have to worry about it being your first crash the next time.

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home