Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Triathlon, Quadrathon, Pentathon...

Tri means three.

Triathlon. That means three athlons. Swim. Bike. Run. That's what you need to do, that's what I signed up for. But then they told me that the key to success in triathlon was nutrition.

Swim. Bike. Run. Diet.

Then they told me "you really need to work on your 'core'", which means strength training three times a week.

Swim. Bike. Run. Diet. Lift.

Now the new thing is yoga. You need to be flexible to prevent injury and promote recovery. You should go twice a week.

Swim. Bike. Run. Diet. Lift. Zen.

Ya know what? No. That's not what it says on the T-shirts. Swim. Bike. Run. If it's not on the T-shirt, I don't want to hear about it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

We get t-shirts? :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

You sound like me! My wife is always telling me I need to do yoga...but who's got the time?

I sure don't.

I'm a triathlete! I'll do what I want!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And then of course, there's uh, sleep. Swim, Bike, Run, Diet, Core, Strength Train, Yoga, and Sleep. And if you look at my time stamp, you'll see I'm way off in that area :-(

And then there's reading about how to Swim, Bike, Run, Diet, Core, Strength Train, Yoga, Sleep. Dare I mention blog?

Swim, Bike, Run, Diet, Core, Strength Train, Yoga, Sleep, Read, Blog. Whew!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Wouldn't life be SO easy if it were all on a t-shirt. There, that's totally my vote.

4:46 AM  
Blogger One Free Radical said...

Swim, Bike, Run, Diet, Core, Strength Train, Yoga, Sleep, Read, Blog

- I got some more for you guys:

Swim, Bike, Run, Diet, Core, Strength Train, Yoga, Sleep, Read, Blog, Transition, Race-travel, Mental-training, Repair, Adjust, ...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home