Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Rough Before the Storm

OK, so this whole out-off-state racing is pretty stressful.

Every race I've ever been to has had some sort of pre-event briefing, but this is the first one I've seen with full powerpoint presentation. It was a little too structured and just gave an aura of seriousness to the whole thing. I don't want serious. I want fun. And it didn't help that everybody around me seemed to be in REALLY good shape. And way too many people wearing Ironman Finsiher shirts. (I'm sure the demographic was no different than any other event, but it's still intimidating.)

I'm staying at the official event hotel, but that's still 2 miles from the transition area. There was mandatory bike check-in tonight, and I wound up just walking my bike the entire way. (I didn't want to ride in Manhattan traffic, nor schlep it on a crowded subway. So that was kind of a pain.

I have to be at the transtion area by 5:15 or so, even though my wave doesn't start until 8:00. And because check-out is at noon, there is no way I'll be back in time so I have to be completely out of my room by 4:30.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did they have lockers or did you get to leave your stuff with the hotel or what?

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home