Tuesday, August 15, 2006

How I Roll

I wear New Balance 1221s. I think I'm on my 5th pair. I dabbled with some other running shoes, but after the blisters I always went back to the NBs. The fact that I trained for and ran a marathon without losing a single toenail is strong evidence that I found the right shoe for me.

The 1221 is discontinued. It is being replaced with the "new and improved" 1222. Yikes. I tried on the new shoes this weekend; didn't like them. I'm sure they are a wonderful shoe, but the pressure points don't fit my feet the way the 1221s did. Fortunately they still had a pair of 1221s in the store so I picked them up. I feel a strange urge to go around to every running store in L.A. and stock up on all the 1221s I can find.

Some time soon I'm going to have to find a new running shoe and that makes me very nervous. I just want to postpone it as long as I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iron Pol said...

I tend to buy shoes in groups of two or three. Given the situation you're in, I'd be prone to maxing out a credit card buying backups.

I was wearing Asics Gel Kayano XIs for a long time, and really like them (except for the cost). I was considering switching, and when they discontinued the XIs, I did just that. Saved $50 a pair and found a shoe that was fairly comparable.

It did, however, take quite some searching.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

online shoes has them onsale for 90 bones in a wide range of sizes.

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpage.asp?type=brand&brandid=8&brandcatid=catall&gen=m&pcid=9428

Free shipping. No affiliation, just did a quick google.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home