Thursday, September 21, 2006

Peter The Great

To recap...

This summer my Tri Team had a preview screening of the new Triathlon documentary "What It Takes". Three-Time World Ironman Champion Peter Reid and director Peter Han were scheduled to join us for the movie. I was very excited.

The morning of the screening I found out Peter Reid cancelled his appearance. I made what some might consider "inappropriate comments and gestures" towards Mr. Reid. I was very upset.

Our Tri-team leader showed the director my blog entries. I was very mortified.

Now to continue the story...

What I didn't mention is that when Peter Han was apologizing to me for Reid's cancellation, he promised he would get me my autographed magazine cover. And sure enough, it arrived yesterday. I am excited again.



Now then, the big question is "did Peter Han show my blog to Peter Reid?" I don't know. If he did, then one of the greatest triathletes of all time thinks I'm a psycho. Well he wouldn't be the first. The important thing is that I have Peter Reid's autograph hanging on my wall and I think that's pretty cool.

8 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Toby said...

Stalker.

That's a great story, though!

7:16 PM  
Blogger the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

Hi there! I just found your blog and I can't stop giggling!

You graffitied a guy then got his autograph - life is goooood!

I bet somebody's reading your blog...

8:44 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

If he read the blog, he doesn't THINK you're a psycho, he KNOWS you're a psycho.

Then again, it would mean that one of the greats in triathlon is reading your blog. Something most are unable to say.

5:34 AM  
Blogger :) said...

wow...you are a monster! :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Are you suggesting that Peter Reid stalks your blog???

7:30 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

That is VERY COOL. Peter is one of my favorites.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does tha picture look like something out of BLUEBOY Magazine?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

You should see the centerfold.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home