Thursday, September 14, 2006

Santa Clarita Walk-a-thon

I'm still planning on doing the Santa Clarita Marathon in November. Unfortunately, I'm still working with an injured foot. Yes, I know the absolute best thing would be to not run at all on it for a while, but at this point if I don't do some training I'll never make it through the marathon. Unless I injure it more, dropping out of the race is not an option. This is important to me.

To help protect my foot, I've been alernating between running and walking: 40-minute run, 10-minute walk, repeat. I did 12 miles with no problems and hopefully I can extend this for longer runs. With this plan, I will wind up walking about 5 miles of the marathon and hopefully my foot won't need to be amputated.

In addition to sparing my foot, the 10-minute rests may allow me to run a bit faster. I don't think I'll be in a condition to beat my (disappointing) L.A. time, but I will cross the finish line

1 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I've heard WATER running can help keep your cardiovascular fitness up, too. I've also heard it's boring, but then then there's always water-proof mp3 players. good luck!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home