Tuesday, October 17, 2006

IRONMANnie

After a screening of the new Triathlon documentary "What It Takes" (now available on DVD!) my friend Annie signed up to do Ironman Arizona. I was very excited because I think it would be a lot of fun to cheer someone on during an Ironman and Arizona isn't too far away. I told her I would support her any way I could. I immediately came up with a premilnary T-shirt design. I booked my hotel in Tempe. I'll drive people or gear out to Arizona with me. Yessiree, I completely support this adventure of hers 100%. Whatever she needs. Well, today she invited me along on an upcoming 60-mile training ride.

Do what now?

See, I kind of thought that supporting an Ironman contender was all about making posters & t-shirts, attending carb-load dinners, and sending out positive emails. And I'm very good at all of those things. But now I realize I may actually have to do work and stuff.

I'll be in my marathon-tapering zone for the ride, so I got Coach Gerald's blessing to do only half the distance. For the next ride, I assume I'll be in the marathon-recovery zone, so I can milk that a bit. But then I'll be out of excuses.

Why couldn't she simply say she was going to be in a play in April and invite me to attend that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

Dang..why don't u live in my city... :)

i won't mind getting a ride :D..

1:30 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

What's that our parents always told us? Oh yeah. Look before you leap.

It's good that you'll be supporting your friend. HOWEVER she needs that support.

5:49 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Life's hard isnt it? :) Then again there's always the off season excuse. gotta rest up for next year.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home