Monday, December 18, 2006

I am a big fat pig

I weighed myself for the first time since the marathon. I've gained 5 pounds in 6 weeks. (Technically 11 pounds, if you count the 6 pounds of fluid I lost race day.)

This brings me up to 157. (Go ahead, roll your eyes.) But understand, there can be a GOOD 157 pounds, and a BAD 157 pounds. These aren't good pounds. It's all Hershey's miniatures, and peanut butter, and Oreos. Mmmmmmmmm.... Hersheys and peanut butter and Oreos... Look, I know it's no thrill seeing me step out of the shower even at my lower bodyweight. I'm just saying it's even a little worse now.

3 Comments:

Blogger TRI Vortex said...

There may be a good and a bad 157 but I'm at 215 and there's nothing good about that. Especially at a towering 5 feet 5 inches. But this Clydesdale is motoring on. Remeber less oreos and more apples and oats.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

Vortex hit the nail on the head. There are other dimensions needed to put 157 in perspective. Is that 157 lbs at 5'0"(height AND width) or 157 lbs at 6'1" (six feet tall, 1 inch waist)?

A few inches makes a huge difference when discussing weight. I'm at 169 and feeling great. Of course, that's down from 199 at the beginning of 2006 and 225 in 2001.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would sympathize but I don't talk to fatties.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home