Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ow



OK, so let's recap:

My hand is still hurting from my bike crash.
My butt is still hurting from the marathon.
My foot is still hurting from the acid.

I'm in rough shape and it's sort of depressing me. I can not open a can of soda with my right hand. I can not spray deodorant with it. (To hit my left armpit, I put the deodorant on the counter, kneel down in front of it and press down with my right thumb.) I'm trying not to put pressure on my foot, and that makes me walk funny which puts pressure on my butt, which hurts.

I'm not saying I'm in excruciating pain or anything like that. It's just constant, 24/7 mild-to-severe discomfort and it's keeping me in a bad mood. There's nothing I could do about my foot, but the other injuries bother me. I know, I know, they happen to everybody, and often far worse. And I don't care if it's ridiculous: I'm down about the fact that "if I was a better cyclist, I wouldn't have crashed". "If I was stronger, I wouldn't have a sore butt" (There's just no dignified way to say that.)

If anybody was thinking of buying stock ni Ibuprofin, now's a good time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, you don't look injured.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home