Thursday, January 11, 2007

50 minutes, 10.3 miles.

The Axis of Evil has been doing Wednesday night runs in Griffith Park (my regular turf) but they've been starting outside the park, in Silverlake. I hadn't heard if they were running last night, but I planned on going to the starting line. I figured if people were there I'd join them, if not, I'd at least get a run in and see their course. I checked google maps: it said the meeting place was 5.3 miles away and would take about 9 minutes. I left home at 6:15.

It wasn't all the red lights that bothered me so much as the fact that it would take 2 or 3 cycles for me to get through many of the lights. It was a royal pain-in-the-achilles to get there. I didn't make it until 6:50. By then I was so frustrated by the traffic that I didn't want to start running; I figured I would just drive over to Griffith Park and do my regular route. But somehow, amongst all the merging and honking I missed a turn and wound up on the wrong side of the L.A. River and the 5 Freeway. By then there was just no turning back, and I went home. I arrived at 7:05.

50 minutes. 10.3 miles. No running.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Ahhhh that's a bummer. We've got our share of traffic here too.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

That stinks. Next time you should ride your bike.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home