Monday, January 22, 2007

Daddy lost a new pair of shoes

Last Monday I bought a new pair of running shoes. My old model has been discontinued and it took me a while to find a replacement. I finally found a pair which felt OK (at least in the store) so I bought them. The problem is, I never saw them again.

I remember buying the shoes. I remember the impulse purchases of some Clif Blocks and Body Glide. I remember after paying for the shoes, that I also wanted some Yankz laces so I went back and picked up a pair of those and paid for them with cash. I remember telling the salesguy I didn't need another bag, I'd just put them in with the shoes. And that's it.

The shoes are not in my car. I've looked everywhere around home, nothing. I called the store asking if maybe I left the bag on the counter. Nope. I'm really not sure what to do. Do I just suck up the loss and buy another pair? Do I continue to run with my old dirty sneakers and just hope the new ones turn up eventually?

This is my world. I don't understand how I make it through each day alive.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Very odd. I hope they show up soon so you don't have to buy a new pair.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

I've been there, though not with shoes.

I'd go with the old shoes for at least a bit. Then again, if you buy a second pair and the originals show up, you'll have shoes to alternate runs.

Or, you can train in one pair, put about 20 miles on the other, and save them for races. I usually have three pair of running shoes at a time.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Shoes are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overrated!

:)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Cliff said...

I would suck it up and get a new pair. I have suffer enough injuries from over worn shoes and/or shoes that don't have full support.

I do hope you see your shoes again.

If u buy a new pair and find the old ones, u can always rotate them on your run.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home