Saturday, February 17, 2007

The Big Brick

I have some bad news.

Today we were supposed to do a 4-hour bike followed by a 2-hour run. The bike stretched out to about 4:20, but that's not the bad news. It was 89 degrees when we started our run, but that's not the bad news. We scaled down to a slow 1-hour run, but that's not the bad news.

The bad news is... I felt pretty good.

So now after all the hype over today's workout, I have no funny anecdotes to share. Where's the conflict? The human drama? I've got nothing. "It was windy." Whoop-de-doo. It's ALWAYS windy along the path.

As it turns out, this was excellent preparation for Wildflower. We did the same same bike distance today, and I'd like to finish in about 4 hours. I'd like to do the run in 2-2.5 hours, and even though we only covered about half the distance today, I felt like I could go for another hour.

So all-in-all, it was a good workout today. I'm sorry.

8 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

ha! surprised yourself, huh? great job!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Don't be sorry. You should be proud of yourself.

7:00 PM  
Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Don't you hate good days. They make you think hmmm what else is possible. If I could go for another hour and that time comes and goes, then you say the same maybe one more hour, then that time comes and goes...pretty soon you're doing a DECA-Ironman! Motivation and a healthy body suck.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

89 degrees..that's heaven to me.

You are ready to rock Wildflower...

8:44 AM  
Blogger Joy | Love | Chaos said...

Well, *there's* 38 seconds of my life *I'll* never get back!

Next time, NW, I'm thinking make something up...like being chased by a bear or kitten. Maybe google some images of knee scrapes and recount the wild competition you had with Lance Armstrong who just haaaappened to show up on your ride.

"It was windy out."

Pshaw.

/jk/

8:54 AM  
Blogger Iron Pol said...

You know, a few more nice workouts like that and I'll take my business elsewhere.

I almost had to remove your link. At least the extra 20 minutes on the bike could have been for a blown tire. But NOOOOO, just motivation and dedication.

Great job, though. Sometimes, we just have to take the good days. They help push us on the hard days.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, but WF is full of hills.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

I'm sorry you had a good workout. What a heartbreaker. I don't even know what to say...

Well done!

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home