Sunday, March 25, 2007

Watch Watchers

I was having Dinner with Dutch and he noticed my new watch. He was very complimentary: "Hey, nice watch!" I took it off to show him and his girlfriend. They were aware of my insecurities regarding my previous watch and they were saying all the right things: "It's big!" "It's heavy!" And you know what? I felt good about it. It's a minor point, but at least I had confirmation that there was one less thing for me to be self-conscious about.

That is until Stupid Dutch tried on the watch. He clamped it on his wrist and started to scream. OK, "scream" is too strong a word, but he definitely began speaking in highly aggitated and elevated tones. "OH MY GOD! THIS THING IS TIGHT!!!" So I'm just sitting there, being reminded oh-so-loudly how gurly my wrists are. "Gee, thanks a lot". "I'M NOT KIDDING! I CAN'T GET IT OFF!!!" Dutch stood up and struggled to rescue his hand from the tourniquet on his wrist. I guess he burst out of the metal links or whatever and managed to free himself. I put the watch loosely back on my own wrist.

I'm just going to get a pocket watch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

From one man with girly wrists to another: I feel your pain. Who do you blame? I blame my SKINNY mother.

And, yeah, the wart thing is starting to be too much. And now the girly wrist thing?!?! Weird!!

11:50 AM  
Blogger TRI Vortex said...

I know what you mean about "slender" wrists and hands if I may add. My wife is 5'0" and I'm 5'5" and my hands are as small as her's (or her hands are as big as mine), but I would say that second part, I want to stay married. Don't worry about what other people think they just have Watch Envy.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

I just thought I'd share with you that today I found out I'm built like the average male triathlete, so see, the universe is in balance...

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home