Monday, August 20, 2007

The Price of Training

This weekend, the company I work for aired a little made-for-TV movie called "High School Musical 2". And by little I mean big. As in huge. Bob Iger (who is part of our tri Team) came to our office for a celebration after work. There was champagne; I love champagne. There were cupcakes; I love cupcakes. There was lots of extra frosting; I LOVE extra frosting. But I had to do a 10-mile run tonight. That meant no champagne, no cupcakes, no extra frosting.

The sacrifices we make...

7 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

Psst...
Cupcakes are fuel for long runs!

8:58 AM  
Blogger momo said...

omg, my daughter would NOT go out of the house after she got home from school on friday - she had the countdown to 8:00 going all day.

she loved it so i watched it oo and now i know all the songs from hsm1 by heart, and i even know what an apple pandowdy is... guess its time to learn hsm2.

the cupcakes look yummy!

9:15 AM  
Blogger rocketpants said...

You didn't take one for a later as recovery food?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you didn't have one? 'cause there's one missing from the picture...

9:26 AM  
Blogger Triteacher said...

Some of us truly understand the 4th element of training = nutrition. We few have conditioned our stomachs. Send cupcakes, EXTRA frosting, and yes, champagne my way.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Damn this life of an athlete!

6:21 AM  
Blogger TRI Vortex said...

Good pass on the bubbly. I tried to run after having a Smirnoff Twist. Burped the whole way and felt all sluggish. Like I said, only once.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home