Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Than Meets The Eye

I had to do a 6-mile run today. There was a cool breeze sweeping through town so I originally planned on doing a nice mid-afternoon run through the park. Instead, Stupid Dutch and Smart Dutch's Girlfriend came over to watch Transformers. Fine, I simply postponed the run to the evening.

Here's the problem: Spending two hours on the couch eating Chex Mix and M&M's and Mountain Dew isn't exactly a good pre-workout warm-up. (We also had grapes, which are healthy and should have negated all the bad food, right?) I felt like Mr. Blobbo the entire run. I was doing a heartrate workout, and it seemed that as soon as I took 2 steps my heart started racing. My pace was way off, even compared with other monitored runs.

So here's Wedgie's Nutrition Advice for the week: Eat all of your pretzels and breadsticks and M&Ms and Mountain Dew AFTER your workout.

3 Comments:

Blogger Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Hmm. Bad food negated by good food. I LOVE it. candy corns+peanut butter kisses to be negated at some future date by a bowl of greens and a V8 Fushion. Yeah, baby!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me: "Wha?! He didn't tell us he had afternoon plans!"

Smart Dutch: "Eh. I don't care."

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woops! Dhppy is my other name.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home