Monday, October 08, 2007

What Time is it?

I don’t talk about it a lot, but truth be told my tri team is filled with lots of Hollywood insiders. So sometimes I get to share in some pretty exclusive perks. This weekend I was treated to a red-carpet gala premiere. There were TV cameras, celebrities, and a top-notch dinner reception preceding the biggest entertainment event in L.A. That’s right my friends, on Friday I went to Staples Center to see... High School Musical: The Ice Tour.

You may recall the High School Musical event we had at the Lake Arrowhead Triathlon. Well the 5 of us had a reunion of sorts with our special VIP passes to the ice show’s premiere. It was awesome. For starters, since this was a kid-friendly event, for dinner at the reception we had Macaroni & Cheese. Hot dogs. PB&J. Kool-Aid. And all the cookies you could eat. (I think they had a salad bar and some prime rib or something for the grown-ups but who cares, right?)

During the show itself, we were probably the loudest people over 4-feet tall in the entire arena. As part of my job I had to sit through many marketing and publicity meetings for HSM2 so yes, I do know all the words to “You Are the Music in Me.”

We had our photo taken with Troy & Gabriella cut-outs. No, we are not freakishly large people. The cut-outs were scaled down to be more kid-friendly.



High School Musical 3 will be coming to theaters in another year or so. I’m sure we’ll be getting together for that event as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Is it just me or does my hand look freakishly large on Annie's shoulder?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

The freakish part is that's actually Ben's hand.

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does look freakishly large. What the hell is Annie holding in the other hand???

OGMP

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come no one is talking about the freakishness of High School Musical on Ice?

This is a blackmailable photo and yet you people are smiling.

Please tell me that there were attack dogs and men in hoods directing this shoot and demanding ransom money.

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home