Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hats Off to You

It was a bit cold and a little rainy, but I went for a run late this afternoon. I wore my best running hat, a bright yellow cap that says "Gotta Tri" on it. The hat was a bit wet and sweaty when I finished, so rather than just throwing it on the seat when I got back to my car, I put it on the roof so I could wrap it up in my towel when I was ready to leave. And yes, I drove off with it still on the roof. I didn't realize it until I got home. My poor little hat is out there somewhere, lost and alone. The more I think about it, the more I want my hat back. It is now about 9:45, and I am going back to look for my hat. He would do the same for me. I'll let you know how it goes.

10:25: Success! I drove out to Griffith Park, and there in the middle of the intersection was a bright yellow spot. A very flat, bright yellow spot.




It looks like my hat had been run over a few times. The brim is cracked and the plastic size adjuster broke off, but it may still be salvageable. Once it gets cleaned up and dried out I'll give it a try.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

awe man, now THAT'S LOVE!!!

hope it can be salvaged!! if not, you should definitely re-flatten it and frame it!!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Now it looks more like a seat cover than a hat...

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. time for a new hat!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pills, they aren't working.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home