Thursday, February 21, 2008

How Sweet It Is

I've touched upon this before, but it's important... I scoff at people who get all worried when they break their diet. "Oh no, I had some french fries with dinner last night!" "I was so bad; it was someone's birthday at work and I had a slice of cake." Freakin' amateurs.

Friday night, the day after Valentines, I did my ritual run to the supermarket to buy a bunch of candy at 50% off. I picked up 4 bags, with the plan that I would bring them to work to help replenish the candy dishes that co-workers have on their desks. After the bike ride Saturday, I figured it couldn't hurt to open one of the bags and have a piece of candy with lunch.

By the end of Saturday night, I had this:



I ate through a half bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Filled Hearts and about 1/4 bag of Peanut Butter Filled Kisses. By Sunday, I finished the Reese's bag and most of the Kisses.

So don't come crying to me about your diets. You have no idea what weakness is.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Ha! OMG, that totally looks like something I'd do. Uh, maybe I got a heart filled with mini reeses cups for Valentine's day. And I may or may not have eaten most of them in 2 days.

Word.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

So, how long did the DIARRHEA last?

4:30 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

ryan: the scary thing is that my stomach is so well-suited for chocolate & Mountain Dew that it wasn't an issue.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me this isn't going to turn into some sad story about how you purged and felt much better.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Bullet said...

Did you at least chase it with some Chocolate milk? Might as well go all the way.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

Mountain Dew chasers.

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have no sweet cred Mr. I Don't Know What Hot Tamales Are. What office party waste basket did you raid for that picture?

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home