Friday, February 08, 2008

You should see me in bike shorts...

I'm in Palm Springs. Tomorrow I'm doing the "Tour de Palm Springs Century Ride".

I went to pick up my registration tonight. The parking lot was pretty full, so I had to park a bit away from the actual pick-up location. Two young women got out of their car about the same I did. I didn't see anyone else nearby. As I started walking towards the registration, I overheard the women behind me:

"Do you know where we're supposed to go?"
"Let's follow this guy. He looks like a cyclist."

I wanted to give them big giant hugs right then and there but I didn't dare. I was afraid I would turn around and see some other guy nearby, the actual object of their conversation.

Maybe I'm delusional to think they really were talking about me. But I'll take it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you tell those girls that you're not only a cyclist, but one with the rare distinction of riding blissfully along a freeway and that if they were very lucky, they might just follow you onto the I10?

9:17 PM  
Blogger monica said...

i know what you mean. a woman who swims early in the morning at my gym, who's done KONA, said she could tell i was training for something because i had the body of a traithlete. i wanted to kiss her feet right there.

i rode tour de palm springs too!! my first century. beautiful day!! not as flat as i assumed it would be either!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Bigun said...

hell yea! take it and move on!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home