Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Feeling Lucky

Several people have tried to convince me that 879 was a good race number, but I think Stephanie did it best. Stephanie is going up to Idaho to watch me race. (She may also happen to catch her husband racing while she's up there as well). This is what she told me:

"So, I was thinking about your race number and it is the luckiest number you could have (if you're into the "luck" thing).

First, 8 is a VERY lucky number in the Chinese culture
Second, 7 is a conventionally lucky number
Third, 9 is the number of the Greek Gods - remember the movie "The Natural" with Robert Redford? He had #9. It's a powerful number."

I can't argue with that! Of course, you could probably do something like this for ANY number but I choose to believe that my number is in fact special.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you are correct, the Chinese take the number 8 VERY VERY seriously. Which is why the Olympics are starting on 8/8/08

In Chinese your number is said:

Ba Qi Jiu

or Ba Bai Qi Shi Jiu

Pronounce the Q's like CH.

My take: Luck is what you make it and has nothing to do with numbers. You'll do fine.

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home