Sunday, July 20, 2008

Six Degrees of Iron Monica

We went for a bike ride yesterday. As we were getting ready to start, I saw a woman wearing a Coeur d'Alene jersey. I went over to her and told her I was also at Coeur d'Alene with my friend Rich, it was our first one. She looked at me for a moment and asked,

"Are you Wedgie?"

!!!!! How creepy cool is that!

Turns out, "Maria" knows Iron Monica who seems to be quickly becoming an honorary member of the Disney Tri Team. (She met the motley Disney group down in Brazil.)

Seems like you ain't nobody in this town unless you know Monica, so get to know her!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But did she see the whale?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I just checked out Monica's website. Her bike report is amazing. She's amazing!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Cliff said...

Neoprene Wedgie...

all the posts on blogspot finally pay off..now u are a celebrity :)..


did u gave her a signature? :P

I find it super cool when I see someone with a IMUSA finisher cap (i did IMUSA last year). It is like a common bonds between us Ironman triathletes.

7:45 PM  
Blogger monica said...

stick wit me, kid. i'll make you A STAR!! haven't you read my race report?? you're all over it. nevermind that it's been 2 months since my race and i still haven't finished the damn report, but let's just say there's more mention of the wedge there too!!! plus, thanks to you, i was spotted the morning of im brasil by steve which pretty much made my friggin' day.

and by "maria" are you using an alias?? i don't know any maria!!!

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home