Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween workout

I won the Disney Castmember Halloween Costume Contest two years in a row, back in '99-2000. It is something I'm quite proud of, considering that Disney has a very creative employee base. But after a scandalous decision in 2001, I stopped making costumes for Halloween. This year however, I came out of retirement and dressed up as Rock Band: The Game. Watch this clip to the hear the complete story of the Judging Scandal and to see my latest costume. Be sure to stick around to the end to see the costume in its full animated glory. The video was created by the oh-so-talented Stupid Dutch.



A few comments about the costume: it is big. And very hot. And very uncomfortable. In order to get the notes to scroll, I had to manually roll two large cardboard tubes by grabbing one in each hand and basically twisting them to get the plastic to roll from one to the other. It's not hard to do once, but it was just an awkward motion that became very tiring after doing it on and off for an hour or more. A woman I work with saw me at the contest, and I told her how tiring it was wearing the costume but at least my arms were getting a workout. She said "yeah, I guess you're forced to use all those little muscles you never used before".

LITTLE??!! Gee thanks.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brent Buckner said...

What a fun costume!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Oh.
My.
God.

That is AMAZING!!!

In other news: you're crazy.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

Ya know, I had to stop by AGAIN to watch that AGAIN. Good stuff. So, what did the winner look like?

2:33 PM  
Blogger cat said...

You are, you must realise by now, basically insane.
(and very funny).

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home