Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Versus vs. Wedgie

The Versus Network aired their coverage of the 2008 Ironman Coeur d'Alene this weekend. And would you believe they didn't have any footage of Wedgie?! What's up with that?!! I thought at bare minimum they should have shown the giant inflatable whale, right? That's the last time I'm watching any of their stupid triathlon shows. (I'm bluffing - I love watching this stuff. So much easier to watch it on TV than to go out and actually do it.)

I did enjoy looking at the scenery and remembering "yup, I was there... yup, that kind of sucked.... yup, I was hurting at that point". The biggest difference between the race I ran and what they showed on TV was the Transition Tent. Kind of funny how empty it is when the pros are going through, because it was more like a circus tent when I was there. Which, by the way, makes my 2:31 T2 time while fighting the crowds all the more impressive, no?

I think I want to go back to Coeur d'Alene. Not to race, maybe to volunteer or just cheer some other people and reminisce of the good 'ole days...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I met a guy in Vegas over the weekend that was wearing a CDA Ironman cap. It turns out, he did the race and I told him I had gone to support you so we started talking.

He told me that the lake had to be drudged two weeks prior to the race due to a sewage problem and that he and his friends all had stomach issues as a result by the time they hit the run. I though, "HEY! So did Wedgie!" Not sure if you knew any of that info but that could be why you were feeling explosive.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

Ewwwww... So maybe it wasn't all the ShotBloks after all. However, if you and I survived the Hudson River swim in the NYC Tri, I can't imagine a little lake sewage could do anything to me!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. I thought you were going to say that he mentioned the giant inflatable whale.

4:41 PM  
Blogger SWTrigal said...

Thank you for reminding me! I have it Tivoed and forgot.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home