Sunday, November 16, 2008

We're Fired Up (not in a good way)

Today's inaugural Pasadena Marathon is postponed because of poor air quality from the L.A. fires this weekend. The news came through at 4:00 this morning. I can confirm, yeah, it's pretty bad out there. Just walking around town you could feel it in your lungs yesterday. I keep on rereading the email, and checking the TV, to make sure "yes, the event is really cancelled, I'm not dreaming this." I'm afraid to go to back to bed, because if this IS a dream then I should be driving out to Pasadena.

This makes my heart sink. I have friend who was running her very first marathon today. I was going to do the half-marathon with her husband, his first. It's what we've been talking about for months and months and I know who nervous and excited they were about it. And there must be hundreds of other people in the same boat.

The event will be rescheduled, but for now it's just a horrible feeling.

1 Comments:

Blogger http://gokristen.wordpress.com said...

Even though we were only doing the bike tour, George and I were bummed too.
We ended up falling back to sleep in our bike clothes....
So sad.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home