Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Can we talk?

I'm not sure, but I don't think Joe The Trainer likes me. Sometimes I'll look around and see other clients with their trainers and they'll be.... chatting. They'll be sitting on a machine, possibly talking about exercise but not necessarily. The point is that no actual exercise is taking place.

Joe The Trainer never chats with me. There isn't time; we never stop moving. If I want to say something, I have about 15-20 seconds when we're moving between machines. When we move between floors, I get 45 seconds. If I want to have a longer discussion, I have 3 minutes while I'm on the Stairmaster. I can speak, or save my breath. The choice is mine. But chatting? No way. He won't allow it.

Actually, this is one of the reasons why I think he's a great trainer. I see how other people move around and what we do in one hour would take them 90 minutes or 2 hours. Trainers are expensive, and a good one won't let you waste 10 minutes chatting about your weekend. And yes, after the workout I can talk with him all I want. But by then I usually just want to get the hell outta there.

I think some day I'll put on a fake moustache and glasses, go to the gym in disguise and spy on Joe The Trainer when he's with another client. I bet they go into the Yoga room and play Guitar Hero for an hour.

1 Comments:

Blogger SWTrigal said...

I think they are all trying to model after the trainers on "The Biggest Loser" Those people are mean!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home