Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year's Workouts

So 2009 is off to a shaky start.

I figured I would be smart and force myself to do a bike ride new years day. I went to a New Years Eve party with the specific plan of getting a ride home and leaving my car there overnight. That would force me to ride about 15 miles the next day to pick it up. Not a long ride, but at least it would get me started. I also made a conscious effort not to over-indulge on snacks at the party, to start my diet a day early.

Here's the problem: if you cut back on your food intake, you need to cut back on your alcohol intake. I did not. I was fine at the party, but the next morning I was... um... "drafting in the porcelain transition zone". It was awful. Thought. I. Would. Die. To make matters worse, my "abs" (don't have any yet) were still sore from the last session with Joe The Trainer, so it hurt extra every time I hurled. I never got dressed New Years Day, never left the house, didn't get my car until the following day.

I did join a group ride on Sunday in Griffith Park. Robert had given me a pair of awesome Guitar Hero Tri Shorts so I wore them for the ride. (OK, so technically they're just plain shorts but still cool.) It was pretty cold when we started the ride so I was bundled up in many layers and it may have produced one of my Worst Tri Photo Evar:



Click on the photo to see a list of just some of the problems with the photo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Nice boxers LOL!!!

7:21 AM  
Blogger http://gokristen.wordpress.com said...

Uhm, there are no words just silly giggles.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chain is not on big chain ring a la Slowtwitch rules... god you're a mess! ;)
-g

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what is that backpack of a saddle bag?

Did you bring a picknick in that thing?

Happy New year Wedgie!

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't need a new bike, it won't make you faster. You're the first person i have ever told no $$ will help to make you faster. this is difficult for me.

So when are you showing up for a little special "love" from your tuesday morning friend?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Andre said...

hey I like how the backpack matches the jersey.....

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home