Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Longing for celery

If you live above, say, 35 degrees latitude do not read further.

This weekend we did a bike ride. A COLD bike ride. Me and Steve and MAC and Stuart met at our usual place and it was oh-so-cold. I think it was in the low 40s when we started. I was so cold just driving over ("How cold were you?!") that I stopped by CVS and bought an extra pair of socks to wear over my existing socks. Unfortunately, the new socks were kind of thick so my feet were really squished in my bike shoes. They hurt, but at least my toes were numb from pain and not from the cold.

I was a big supporter of turning around after 10 miles, and 15 miles, but we did the standard 20 miles out, 20 back. And the wind picked up. It was not a very happy ride. Steve happened to think it was great riding weather and told me "Remember this ride in August when it's 115 degrees and you're riding through celery fields!

So I need to remember this ride in August.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it. Celery is evil and must be destroyed!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

I kept reading.

And I am not sorry for you.

;)

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve positive??? Sure you got it right?

Pretty sure you use cotton socks. If not, I might change my opinion about you.

Your Tuesday friend that you never see any more.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home