Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two Degrees of Wedgie

I had a session with Joe the Trainer last night, and was wearing my usual Disney Tri-Team shirt. This guy "Rhoi" saw the Mickey logos, came up to me and asked if I was on the Disney Tri Team. I told him I was. He asked if I knew a lot of people on the team. Well, I like to think that I'm pretty well-connected so I told him I knew a fair amount. Turns out, he works with Ben. Road Rash Ben. One of the guys I'm doing Wisconsin with this year. Small world.

I told Rhoi my name was Mike, but that most people on the Tri Team know me as "Wedgie". Well that was a mistake. Joe the Trainer was right there and he laughed: "Wedgie? WEDGIE?! I'm gonna start calling you 'Wedgie' form now on." Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to explain the story behind the nickname so I can't imagine what he's thinking.

And for the record, this is the second time in one week that a strange guy has come up to talk to me at the gym. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not really what I was looking for.

Oh, and then after the workout I stopped by CVS to buy a bunch of discounted Easter candy. I don't think Joe the Trainer will be too happy about that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Oh the easter candy. It took me down this week. Good thing I don't have a trainer :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home