Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Flight 1199 will be Delayed

We got our race numbers for Wisconsin: I'm 1199.

1199 does not sound like a race number. It's a flight number: Flight 1199, non-stop service from Phoenix to Denver. And it's probably a really bumpy flight and they run out of snacks and there's a crying baby behind you.

1199 evokes 9/11 in a roundabout way. That can't be good. And what if I crash and land on my head? People will think my race number is 6611, which is even dumber.

I think I mostly object to having 4 digits. That's a lot of ink to put on my arms and I don't have a lot of room for it. And since race numbers are given out by age group, everyone will think that I'm old. (That, and seeing me wheezing coming out of the water.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

My race number for last year's Santa Clarita half marathon was 1199.

I ran my slowest half ever.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

SEE! The number is cursed! Cursed I tell you!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Lake Placid number was 777. Should've been AWESOME right? NOT, you saw me at the end of that race. WORST...Race...EVER...

numbers mean nothing (well, unless they are on a lottery ticket & match the number they show on that telly-vision thing)
-g

9:06 AM  
Blogger http://gokristen.wordpress.com said...

Way to stay positive...

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home