Friday, February 05, 2010

Math is hard

Smart Dutch's Girlfriend told me about the "Glendale Downtown Dash", a 5k March 14th that starts less than a mile from my home. Sounds great. I was looking around the (poor) website for info and stumbled upon the Donation page:



I was very excited. They were only $24 away from their goal of $10,000 (don't get ahead)... I could be the hero and be the one to make them hit their goal! So I very quickly grabbed my credit card to make a donation for anyone else would beat me to it and gave them $24.



But then I was like, wait a minute... Now they only have $9800? Did somebody cancel their donation in the 2 minutes it took me to send them my money? Fortunately, I took the screen grab and looked more closely at the original page. They only had $9776. I have no idea why I thought it said $9976, other than the fact that I'm getting old blind and senile. I wasn't a hero and I wasted $24 (well, except for that whole charity part about helping support research to prevent strokes).

So I'll keep an eye on it and if they get up to $9990 I'll throw in another ten bucks. Plus I'm sure I'll do the actual race itself. Really no excuse for not doing it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous ɹǝƃƃolquǝʞoʇ said...

ah ha ha

Now THAT was funny.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home