Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's Go Time

Thursday morning I found out I won a lottery slot for Kona in October. This means no more messing around; it's time to get serious about training. Our team has a Thursday evening run, a perfect way to kick things off. Except I had to go to a birthday party and eat lots of cake. OK, no problem. Friday night, it's the weekend, a great time to do a run. But I went to a pizza party instead. OK, Saturday morning: there's a 45-mile bike ride with a 10-mile climb. Meeting in Duarte at 8:00. Great. I set my alarm for 6:45 and got a good night's sleep.

Around 7:30 I woke up. It seems that my radio alarm DID go off, but it wasn't tuned to a station so my alarm tried to wake me up with silence. I jumped out of bed and quickly got ready and flew out the door. I still arrived to the ride 45 minutes late. Fortunately, the first section was an out-and-back course so I was able to catch up with the group on their way back.

They've repaved the bike path since the last time I've been on it and it is really really nice. They still haven't done anything about the wind though, but I guess I need need to get used to it. I got 40 miles done today, with a good climb, so that's a start. But it's been three days since I found out I'm doing Kona and I've skipped two workouts and was late for a third. Swell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Roy said...

Greatt blog I enjoyed reading

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home