Thursday, September 16, 2010

“Wedgie, please stop sending us pictures of your underwear”

Yes, that's an email I got from IronSteph today.

As if I didn't have enough to worry about, Steve had to share this clip of the Ironman Underpants Run. Basically, the Thursday before Kona about 500 people gather in their underwear for a 1-mile run.

I think it would be boring to just wear regular white briefs, but I'm not sure what theme I would go with. The obvious choice would be Iron Man undies, something like these:


But I don't think I'd be comfortable in public in the jockey style. So then there is the more-conservative boxer style:


Then of course there are Disney options:


But let's keep in mind: the average person at an Ironman event looks in far better shape than the average person at, say, Oktoberfest. And at the Ironman World Championships, it's going to be even worse. I'm worried enough about how I'm going to look in a tight speedsuit during the swim on race day, so I'm not sure how I could possibly run around the streets in my underwear. But it does seem like a fun event, so I don't know what I'm going to do. A Pajama Run? I would be all over that. Underwear? Ehhhhh.....

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

i vote for the bun huggers all the way....

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Laura said...

i don't see how the average person being in great shape is a problem...(?) hello eye candy!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Wedgie said...

The "problem" is that if they're eye candy, I'm eye-vegetables.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just please don't wear a thong...

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home