Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Nose Knows Not

I'm losing my hair, and my eyesight, and my tolerance for young whippersnappers, but I have maintained at least one aspect from my youth: my skin still breaks out. If I am sick or stressed, I will sometimes get a small flare-up on my nose. So I keep some skin cleanser with benzoil peroxide handy. It's basically acid that burns your skin and that's somehow a good thing.

I had a flare-up this week, so it was time to try to clean it up. I grabbed a tube from the bathroom drawer and rubbed the white cream on my nose and forehead. You're supposed to leave it on for 5 minutes, but it wasn't really tingling the way it normally does so I left it on while watching TV - a good half hour.

I went to wash it off, and it still wasn't tingling. Very odd. That's when I realized I had put Butt'r Cream on my face- the skin lubricant that I rub on all my sensitive places before running or biking (yes, ALL places). It comes in the same kind of tube as the cleanser, it has the same look and consistency, so it was an honest mistake. No harm done.

But here's what frightens me: if I can accidentally put Butt'r Cream on my face, what's going to keep me from rubbing cleanser on my chafe-sensitive areas some day? I'm only guessing here, but I suspect filling your tri-shorts with extra-strength benzoil peroxide would NOT be a pleasant experience.

If/when it happens, I'll be sure to let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home