Monday, July 25, 2011

Twist of fate

So I went for a little bike ride with my new cleats over the weekend and thought everything was OK. Well, I was wrong.

My legs were feeling a little funny yesterday, and now - 2 days later - they are hurting again. The pain is in odd, very specific places: on the side of my shins and under my ankles. I know this plain from when my leg was twisting the last time I tried swapping out the cleats.

It drives me crazy. I think by now it's fair to say that by some measures I am a "serious cyclist." I've climbed many hills, done many century rides, and completed three Ironman races. So why the frak can't I even pedal a bike without injuring myself?! Part of me feels like I should go in for a bike fit, but I just can't seem to rationalize paying over $100 just to tweak some shoes. And frankly I'm too embarrassed to go in just for a "cleat fitting" because it seems like something that any normal person should be able to adjust completely on their own.

I'll do another ride and try to fine tune them some more. But it's just really upsetting to me that it's just not working. The hard part of cycling is supposed to be climbing and doing intervals and getting the miles in. I can't even get past clipping in properly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spokane Al said...

Go for the bike fitting. If the fitter knows what he/she is doing it involves a heck of a lot more than spending "$100 just to tweak some shoes."

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home